Behavioral Health Services for Autism Spectrum Disorders – A is For Apple Inc.
Since 2000, A is For Apple has been a leader in autism therapy services, speech-language and occupational therapy for the Silicon Valley area. Your child, whether a toddler or a teen, will receive the help they need to grow and thrive here.
Therapy for All Autism Spectrum Disorders
Here you’ll find therapies for ALL autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities. A is For Apple designs individualized behavioral, educational, social, speech-language and occupational therapy programs for children who have developmental delays and/or are diagnosed within the autism spectrum.
Early intervention therapy is available for children from birth to 3 years of age. Children older than 3 are welcome in our ABA therapy and related programs.
Our therapy services include:
- Child Behavior Testing & Assessments Using a science-backed testing method, we conduct the Functional Behavior Assessments needed to build the right plan (IFSP or IEP) for your child’s effective therapy.
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy We use evidence-based therapy practices (such as clinical observation and data analysis) to assess the relationship between your child’s behavior and their environment. Then, we use an individualized ABA plan to help them learn new behaviors.
- Early Intervention Services Therapy for children 3 and under at risk for developmental delays, including home-based sessions, intended to help them reach their unique developmental milestones.
- Speech-Language Therapy Helping your child learn to use & understand language, using a wide range of tools and interventions (toys, play-like therapy, formal testing, speech curricula, etc.).
- Occupational Therapy Improving your child’s performance of daily life activities, such as dressing, eating, staying safe, learning and play.
- Working with Bay Area Regional Centers We work with the San Francisco Bay Area’s Regional Centers to reach & help more children and their parents with therapy.
Are you a parent?
We’re here to help you, with a wide range of clinical services to children with autism and other developmental delays. We have the right mix of expertise and knowledge, combined with clinical, technical and interpersonal skills to drive successful results.
Not only do we help with therapy services, but we also help you work with state Regional Centers and your insurance company. We do the assessments (including FBAs) to fulfill state requirements for insurance billing and Regional Center assistance. You don’t have to set all this up on your own; let us help.
Are you from a school with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder?
A is For Apple contracts with certain schools to assist special needs children. Our curriculum changes, direct therapy and classroom interventions help children with autism and/or developmental delays achieve their maximum potential in class.
Benefits of Choosing A is for Apple
Individual Care Where Your Child’s Comfort Is Emphasized
Through services delivered at home, in schools and at company-operated centers, A is for Apple equips parents, teachers and healthcare professionals to better understand Autism Spectrum Disorders, engage best practices and become contributors to successful outcomes.
Each child receives an individual therapy plan, based on research-tested methods of approaching, managing & improving autism behaviors. We construct the plan through a systematic assessment of each child’s learning environment and current behaviors.
Their therapy plan contains goals you help us set. We emphasize a positive learning approach so your child is comfortable, encouraged and able to thrive.
How We Earn Your Trust
State-Of-The-Art Therapy Tools & Techniques
Every therapist has an iPad. Not only does this minimize paper use in our office, it provides two benefits to your child’s therapy:
- Collaboration among all therapy team members helps each session build on the last.
- Behavior assessments and progress reports are stored online in a portal you can access.
ABA Therapy Services
Our team includes Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs), Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts (BCABAs), and Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs). You’ll work with a Behavior Analyst to craft a unique program for your child. This approach ensures that your child is comfortable with their therapy, encouraging them to achieve their highest possible level of well-being.
All therapy techniques used are evidence-based, backed by research, and updated regularly as new therapies are tested and found better for children.
Specialists in Early Intervention for Young Children
We specialize in working with children under the age of 3 with delays or who are at-risk. This is called “Early Intervention” Therapy.
For each young child we create an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) to map out the child’s therapy and parents’ participation. The process involves interviews, assessments, ongoing observations and data collection.
ASHA Affiliation (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association)
Our speech-language pathologists maintain affiliation with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). ASHA-Certified clinicians voluntarily meet the rigorous standards for teaching effective communication skills. Visit the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association website.
OTAC Affiliation (Occupational Therapy Association of California)
Since your child deserves the most appropriate therapy for their needs, we maintain OTAC affiliation for all of our Occupational Therapists. They receive regular training in the latest science-driven therapy techniques. Visit the Occupational Therapy Association of California website.
You Learn Skills Too
We help you thrive too! Parents receive on-going training to help you:
- Interact with your child in ways they understand
- Monitor and manage your child’s behavior
- Play with your child and encourage your child to play with others
Multilingual Therapy Available
Choose from 15 languages in which to conduct your child’s therapy:
- ASL (American Sign Language)
Start Your Child’s Individual Therapy with Us Today
Visit one of our Therapy Services pages at the above links to continue learning about our therapy services. Or Contact Us to get started helping your child thrive.