Speech-Language Therapy involves motivating, play-based activities in our center to help your child learn while having fun. Treatment may include helping a child increase their understanding of language and putting words together to communicate ideas. Additionally, a child may need help with production of sounds, fluency, and addressing pragmatics (social skills).
A is For Apple offers a variety of these speech-language programs, each individualized to every child’s unique needs. Our staff provides:
- Assessment of speech and language disorders
- Speech and language therapy for children and early teens
- Occupational therapy for children integrated with ongoing education (see our Occupational Therapy page for more)
- Clinicians who are trained to work with many types of communication disorders and differences.
- Support groups for parents and family members.
- In-home speech-language therapy for families, to encourage the child’s continued speech improvements
- Therapists who are bilingual for English and other languages such as Spanish, Mandarin and Farsi (15 in total).
You as parents are a vital component of the therapy process. We strongly encourage your participation during on-site sessions. Plus, you’ll learn language strategies to practice with your child at home.